Monday, December 22, 2008

Where's my Christmas spirit?

I wish I could tell you, though I forced a little upon myself today. Recruiting has been a little tough for me this month, only got in one and working a few more that require more work than I though (waivers).

My wife moved out a couple months ago, which of course has me preoccupied. Though we still communicate regularly even though we are getting divorced, something I really don't want to do, but she refuses to go to counseling. I think she needs it as she has unresolved issues from her family. 14 years down the drain (not really, we had a lot of great times).

I was sick all last week, which of course doesn't help. I just can't find that Christmas spirit this year. I guess because I know I will spend it alone with my kitty. I have been invited to several places for Christmas, I have really thoughtful friends, but I do not wish to intrude on their family time. I would go to my sister's in NC, but I am working a marketing event for recruiting Christmas night. Lets be clear, that is my choice, Recruiting is not making me do it. Since I had no plans, I decided I would do it. It is our local minor league hockey team we sponsor that I help set up. I love it and have gotten to know allot of the regulars there. Especially the special events coordinator that I have the hots for. Since it looks like my wife and I will not get back together, I may ask her out, though she is 15 years younger, maybe she'll say yes. She pays allot of attention to me when I am around her. (that makes her 24 by the way)

Back to Christmas, I did put up a small tree, hung a few garland around the fireplace, put up my and my kitty's stockings, and put a couple things out on the dining room table. I am not a humbug, but since I do not have any kids, I guess it is harder for me to get excited. Does anyone else have the same issue?

I am not stressing on the job yet, though it does keep me busier lately. I had 3 interviews set up in which my first two no showed, such is life in recruiting. I have a few people in my "funnel" so it will all work out in the end. I may have had the most enlistments in my area last FY, but off to a slower start this FY. Lets see if I can catch up.

I want to be in the Christmas spirit! I want to feel all giddy inside like I used to about the Holidays. maybe something will kick me in the head.

I can rant on, but there is no use.

I do hope that all who read this do have a happy holiday season, weather you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas or whatever. Spend time with those you love, and be joyful. But remember the troops serving overseas. I have only spent two Christmases overseas when I was younger, boy did it make one homesick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, man. Bet 2009 will be better for you.