Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A very Ignorant Major

I got told a little story from one of my JROTC instructors today. Apperently I am not in the US Army. Lets see, it says US Army on my uniform, Army on my ID card, I have a US Army motor vehicle operator card, I just recieved another US Army good conduct medal last August and I have abide by US Army regulations.

The conversation started because a Active Army recruiter was going to bring a rock wall to a school event, and since he didn't have anyone to help him ( really, they just aren't supporting him) I offered myself and my aid to help him out, since it was going to benefit the studnets we support. He was told that was a no go and that we could not operate their vehicles. So my JROTC instructor called the major and asked him to explain why USAREC (the recruiting command) could not support this event. After giving a alot of excuses, the instructor said that we could help out with transport etc. His response was something along the line of, "Well, they aren't Army" When the instructor assured him we were, he said something along the line of " Well, you know, the real Army".

WTF!!!

I dare him to go overseas and tell that to one of the thousands of Guard troops who are out there fighting and dying in Iraq that they are not the real Army. Anyone who wears ACU's are in the Army. Yes, I am active Guard, but I am a US Army Soldier who is proud to serve.

God forbid I ever meet this Major, I might have to give him a copy of the Army values: Loyalty, Duty, RESPECT ( hmm he missed that one) selfless service, honesty, integrity and personal courage (he might need that last one, hehe).

1 comment:

Politics of a Patriot said...

I think that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Ever.