Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Proud Moment as a recruiter

Today was on of those proud days I have as a recruiter. My prime high school had its Spring awards today and I was asked to recognize those that joined that Guard and are off to college. The principal wanted me showcase the college money during the presentation. He is a big supporter of myself and what the Guard has to offer. Anyways, one by one I called down my seven Seniors who are Guard soldiers, talked about their job, their money for college ( GI bills and tuition assistance), and bonuses. The least college money was $57,000 and the most was $70,000. The student body cheered them like they were superstars on the sports teams.

It made me proud that these students joined our team and are all bound for college. In 5 years a few will be Second Lieutenants and I will be saluting them. After the ceremony, many other students were coming up to them and myself asking how can they get the same thing. Hopefully that means I will be busy this summer enlisting more soldiers. God knows I need the help, I rolled my first donut in along time last month, but already rolled 2 this month, so I need two more still. I will be on leave for 10 days this month (going to Alaska) so that decreases my operating days. But I will prevail, I usually do as long as I retain a positive attitude.

No comments: