Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Office partner #1

I work with four other NCO's. Like any good office, we all have distinct personalities. This time I will let you all know about my fellow SFC. He is a former marine who converted to the Guard for recruiting. If you have ever seen "Bob" from the Enzyte male enhancement commercials, you have met my partner in crime, "The Gman". He is always smiling, and at first seems fake with his always positive attitude and such, but believe me it is real. He is also the only guy I know who wears the Army issue foliage green underwear. He will not wear any other color in uniform. He is OCD to the max, and it is too funny. When we first combined offices, (they closed his and moved him to mine) he would work every night until no earlier than 7 pm. Big deal right, Usarec usually works more. But if he had nothing to do, had made mission by the 15th, he would still be there. I did break him of that habit, and he is there past 1730 without and appointment coming in, I give him a hard time. I am sure his family appreciates it.

Gman is also the only recruiter I know who can never leave his desk, which he rarely does, never make a cold call, never have his coffee cup less than half full, and still make mission plus every month. Hows he do it? Referrals from inside and outside of the Guard. He used to be in sales before recruiting, and this guy knows everyone! Gotta love him. I can only hope to get that way with COI's and recruit referrals. So in our office Gamn is the "Lead generator from hell" Heck, he's only been to his High school twice this school year, granted has not enlisted a HS kid yet, but he does specialize in the over 40 crowd, usually prior service. It got so "bad" that one unit gave him a walking cane with an label "presented tot he geriatric recruiter of the year! Too funny!!

Look for more in the future of my office mates.

1 comment:

Politics of a Patriot said...

Sounds like G-Man needs to start a blog!