Monday, August 13, 2007

Just slipped thru my fingers

What a nice start to the month. Not really. I spent the last two weeks prepping this yuong lady to go to MEPS. her husband is in the Guard and she wanted to join also, she liked the idea and really liked the student loan payoff and the tuition assistance. She went to test on Friday night and cut a 59. Good deal, she gets the incentives she wanted with that score. Woke up at 445 am on a SATURDAY, so unlike me, and took her to physical. saturdays are good processing days because they are usually done by noon. So at 1045 I get a call, she is disqualified pending a opto (eye) consult. Darn, but I can live with that. She has a stigmatism, no big deal. So I call her husband who is on his way to watch her swear in from drill and he said he will take her home, his commander gave him the rest of the off since she was joining. So I call back to MEPS to let them know. Then the bomb dropped on me. She will not be doing the opto consult because she is pregnant!! She had no idea. being pregnant makes you ineligible to join. Now I can't be mad at a girl not joining because she's pregnant. So I called her later afetr she told her husbabnd and congratulated them both. I am not discouraged, I got one pending a medical waiver and a high school kid looks as he may join up this next week as well. wanted 3 this month though, but as always in recruiting, I will survive.

Side note, I just extended for six years!! that will take to me 22 yrs for pay and 15 yrs for full time retirement. If I didnt love it I wouldn't have done it. I dont plan on spending it all in recruiting, at least not on the street.

12 comments:

SFC B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SFC B said...

This is totally off topic, but I had to share.

So I was talking with this chick who wanted to know how to get in touch with a Guard recruiter. I told her that Guard recruiters can usually be found in bars, outside of women's restrooms holding a video camera, or molesting small woodland critters. I suggested she take a bottle of cheap vodka and a chipmunk into the bathroom next time she goes. A Guard recruiter will find HER in that situation.

I hate you and your annual missions.

Politics of a Patriot said...

I hope your cat runs outside, SFC B, and gets run over by a Guard recruiter. I really do.

SFC B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SFC B said...

Don't you have some incredibly embarassing letters to be stealing from your parents?

You might want to run to the store and buy that vodka, and that chipmunk isn't going to catch itself.

Politics of a Patriot said...

You will pay, SFC B, you will pay. *Calling Mrs. B now*

SFC B said...

Call away.

I hope your dad likes the letter I sent him. If he has any questions about what the acts you've engaged in actually are the Urban Dictionary can help him out.

Politics of a Patriot said...

Just give me my pink crayons and tell me to shut up, SFC B.

SFC Guard Recruda said...

Dont make me seperate you two!!

SFC B said...

Quit your whining. You know you like the traffic.

Alucard said...

Why don't you two get a room or something?

SFC B, you better watch out, Holly's gonna be a jackass, er officer soon :P

Politics of a Patriot said...

Jason, Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. :D Go play DDR or go to a ballet or something. ;)

At least if/when we're Lieutenants, as you say, "The rank will reflect the knowledge."